Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives:
- Direct descendants of Frederick Douglass and Booker T. Washington.
- Atlanta-based 501(c)(3) Public Charity since 2008
- Human Trafficking curriculum and Teacher Training approved for use by the NYC Department of Education in NYC Public Schools
- Trafficking Free Community project for Lynwood, CA Unified School District
- Led local and national advocacy campaigns with Students
- Recognized for its work by: U.S. Secretary of State, John Kerry, the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Congress
Secretary of State, John Kerry, on FDFI
Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives (FDFI) was born from an historical legacy of activism and education with its intimate connections to Douglass and Booker T. Washington. The sharing of knowledge was at the core of the work and philosophies of both men just as it resides at the heart of our work in human trafficking and other human rights challenges.
We seek to effect change by addressing issues at their very foundations with institutionalized solutions like student curriculum, professional development for educators and sustained coalition building throughout the community.
- New York City Public Schools
- 100 Days to Freedom
- Globalize 13 – Transparency in the Supply Chain
- Faith + Community
- Lynwood, CA Unified School District
Chairwoman and Founder: Nettie Washington Douglass
President and Founder: Kenneth B. Morris, Jr.
Executive Vice President and Founder: Robert J. Benz
Senior Advisor: André Dawson
Click here for biographies on the FDFI main website.