This is the year we commemorate the 150th anniversary of America's constitutional affirmation of freedom - the 13th Amendment. Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives (FDFI) wants to help shine a light on modern forms of slavery.
Faith + Community is a national initiative that will provide training and education for faith leaders and their constituents as we confront the specter of sex trafficking and labor exploitation together. Faith leaders are uniquely positioned to disseminate truth and knowledge about human trafficking that can protect youth and effect change. This is an interfaith event. Leaders of all faiths from the state of Georgia and individuals determined to end human trafficking are encouraged to join us.
A new Georgia State Faith Protocol for responding to incidents of human trafficking will be presented. Please dress as you would for a day of worship. Entrance to the event is free.
- Sam Olens - Attorney General of Georgia
- Mike "Stinger" Glenn - Board, National Basketball Retired Players Association & Analyst for Fox Sports South
- Rev. Frank Brown - Concerned Black Clergy of Metropolitan Atlanta
- Dr. Steven Chervin, Ed. D. - Director of The Jewish Encounter
- Mike Ennis - President and CEO of Wellspring Living
- Reverend John Foster, Ph. D. - Senior Pastor of Big Bethel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church in Atlanta, GA.
- Pastor Nawanna Lewis Miller, B.A., M.A., M.Div. - Founding Director of The Institute for Christian Discipleship, Inc.
- Rev. Dr. Terrence Leathers - Assistant Vice President of Academic Affairs at Shaw University
- Alice Keesey Mecoy - Great-great-great granddaughter, John Brown
- Robin Washington Banks - Great granddaughter, Booker T. Washington
- Rev. Dr. Richard Rose - Professor of Religion and Philosophy at the University of La Verne
- Nettie Washington Douglass - Founder & Chair, Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives
- Kenneth B. Morris, Jr. - Founder & President, Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives
- Robert J. Benz - Founder & Executive Vice President, Frederick Douglass Family Initiatives
- Pamela Perkins Carn - Interfaith Children’s Movement
Click here for speaker biographies.
Click here to share the event flyer with your contacts.
The event is free. Donations are welcome and can be made by clicking here.
To RSVP, fill-out the form below.
220 Auburn Ave NE
Atlanta, GA 30303
Google map and directions